GSLBAA was selected out of other peer groups across the country to receive the:
This award is given for outstanding excellence by a local or regional group in setting a standard of best practices while contributing to the success of business aviation.
This award will be presented at NBAA-BACE on October 16, 2018.
Why was GSLBAA selected for this award?
The NBAA Recognition of Outstanding Excellence by a Local or Regional Group originates from the Local and Regional Group Committee as acknowledgement of outstanding excellence resulting from performance in one or more categories of achievement:
· Legislative – Positive business aviation legislation passed as a result of group initiative and follow-through, such as the formation of a GA Caucus.
· Advocacy through community outreach – For example, an Aviation Day resulting in positive public policy development or proclamations
· Advancement of industry safety – Training programs or industry involvement that result in specific actions related to safety, such as safety training, that can be credited for the avoidance of an accident(s) or other safety incident(s)
· Career/educational achievements – For example, career days, mentoring programs, organized intern programs, integration of the CAM program, PDP courses or scholarship successes resulting in outstanding measurable educational achievements. This includes students who are mentored into aviation careers and programs that can be identified as having specifically advanced the career of an individual(s) on a level of outstanding excellence.
· Humanitarian/relief – Efforts resulting in successful preservation of life, property and livelihood